PADI Wreck Diver Course
Course - Go Dive Tasmania
Who should take this course?
Whether purpose-sunk as an artificial reef for scuba divers, or lost as the result of an accident, wrecks are fascinating windows to the past. Ships, airplanes and even cars are fascinating to explore and usually teem with aquatic life. Each wreck dive offers a chance for discovery, potentially unlocking a mystery or spying something others have missed. The PADI Wreck Diver Specialty course is popular because it offers rewarding adventures while observing responsible wreck diving practices.
If you’ve earned the PADI Adventure Diver rating or higher, and you’re at least 15 years old, you can enroll in the Wreck Diver course.
What will you learn?
Every wreck is different. During the PADI® Wreck Diver course, you’ll learn how to explore different types of wrecks by investigating their layout, history and hazards, and practice specialized wreck diving skills.
- 4 x Wreck dives
- Survey and map a wreck
- Practice special finning techniques
Use penetration lines
The course consists of a minimal amount of theory - the Wreck Diving E-Learning which guides you through the knowledge needed to complete the four dives. It is largely a practical course, with only a small amount of time in the classroom, so it only takes two days to complete! To earn your Wreck Diver rating, you need to complete four wreck dives.
- PADI Wreck Diver E-Learning
- Tanks and weights
- 4 x Boat dives
What do I need?
- You will need your own dive gear gear. If you do not have your own gear, gear hire is available in store
- A torch is recommended
- You will need an SMB with reel (surface marker buoy)
- All of the required gear is available in-store for hire
What about Enriched Air (Nitrox)?
- Many divers choose to complete the PADI Enriched Air Course whilst doing their PADI Wreck Diver Course. Learn about how diving on enriched air can greatly benefit your diving by selecting ADD Enriched Air Course on the course selection.
- Please see this link for information on diving doctors in your area: Diving Doctor List
- Anyone age 45 years and over MUST complete a recreational diving medical with a doctor prior to starting their course
- You will be required to complete a medical statement which may result in you needing to complete a medical with a doctor. Click here to read the PADI RSTC Diving Medical before you book.
- You must be able to swim at least 200 meters and float for 10 minutes unassisted.
- By purchasing the course online you agree to a non refundable deposit of $150
- Courses are only partially refundable (less $150 non refundable deposit) subject to failing a recreational diving medical and supplying the failed medical to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- No refunds will be given to cancellations within 21 days of start of course.
- Switching selected courses dates within 21 days of start of course will incur a $245 re-booking fee
- Not attending or failing to complete the course will incur a $245 re-booking fee to try again.
- Upon booking the course we will contact you via email/phone for you details, please respond in a timely manner to ensure you receive your online learning
When for a Dive on HMAS BRISBANE to the information I have from the couse made the Dive more interesting thanks for running the course