COVID-19 COURSE UPDATE:
In order to abide by new regulations we have implemented some safety measures and changes to our PADI Advanced Course.
- Shore Dives will take place from Hobart to minimise travel (Buoyancy, Navigation and Night Dive)
- Maximum 5 students per course
- Boat dives still to be held at Eaglehawk Neck
- No accommodation or lunch will be provided
- Students who book on will also be advised of other safety measures in place throughout your course
Your PADI Advanced Open Water certification is the next step in your diving education, which allows you to explore different diving specialties under the supervision and guidance of a PADI Instructor, and gain supervised experience while you build on the basic skills you learnt in your PADI Open Water Course. It allows you to dive to a maximum depth of 30m, opening more dive sites for you to explore.
The course consists of a minimal amount of theory - the Adventures in Diving manual guides you through the knowledge needed to complete the five adventure dives. It is largely a practical course, with only a small amount of time in the classroom, so it only takes two days to complete! To earn your Advanced Open Water rating, you need to complete five adventure dives, including Peak Performance Buoyancy, Underwater Navigation, Night Diving, Deep Diving and Boat Diving.
- PADI Adventures in Diving Manual
- Tanks and weights
- Accommodation at the Tasman Peninsula (shared lodge style)
- 3 x Shore dives
- 2 x Boat dives
- Refreshments between dives
What do I need?
- You will need your own dive gear gear. If you do not have your own gear, gear hire is available in store
- You will need an adequate torch for the night dive
- You will need an SMB with reel (surface marker buoy) for the boat dives
- You will need a compass for the navigation dive
- All of the required gear is available in-store for hire
What about Enriched Air (Nitrox)?
- Many divers choose to complete the PADI Enriched Air Course whilst doing their PADI Advanced Dive Course. Learn about how diving on enriched air can greatly benefit your diving by selecting ADD Enriched Air Course on the course selection.
- Please see this link for information on diving doctors in your area: Diving Doctor List
- You must hold a PADI Open Water Diver qualification or equivalent
- You will be required to complete a medical statement which may result in you needing to complete a medical with a doctor.
- You must be able to swim at least 200 meters and float for 10 minutes unassisted.
- By purchasing the course online you agree to a non refundable deposit of $150
- Courses are only partially refundable (less $150 non refundable deposit) subject to failing a recreational diving medical and supplying the failed medical to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Switching selected courses dates will incur $150 re-booking fee payable prior to commencement of the course
- No refunds will be given to cancellations within 14 days of start of course.
- Upon booking the course we will contact you via email for you details, please respond in a timely manner to ensure you receive your online learning
PADI Advanced Open Water Course