Who should take this course?
Want to stay warm? Want to extend your scuba diving season? Then dive dry. A drysuit seals you off from the water and keeps you comfortable, even in surprisingly cold water. There is incredible diving in the world’s cooler regions and in some areas, conditions are even better in colder months. Becoming a dry suit diver allows you to expand your boundaries and dive more places, more often.
What will you learn?
The first thing you’ll discover is which dry suit style and accompanying undergarments are right for you and the diving you’ll do. Then you’ll learn how to take care of your dry suit. During two dives, in addition to a confined water dive, you’ll practice:
- Putting on and taking off your dry suit with minimal assistance.
- Mastering buoyancy control using your dry suit.
- Dive safety procedures when using a dry suit.
The course consists of a minimal amount of theory - the Drysuit Diving manual guides you through the knowledge needed to complete the drysuit dives. It is largely a practical course, with only a small amount of time in the classroom, so it only takes two days to complete! To earn your Drysuit Diver rating, you need to complete one pool session and two open water shore dives.
- PADI Drysuit Diving Manual
- Theory session
- Tanks and weights
- 1 x Pool session (2 hours approx)
- 2 x Shore dives
What do I need?
- You will need your own drysuit, as there are no drysuits available for hire.
- You will need your own dive gear gear. If you do not have your own gear, gear hire is available in store
- Please see this link for information on diving doctors in your area: Diving Doctor List
- You must hold a PADI Open Water Dive qualification or equivalent.
- You will be required to complete a medical statement which may result in you needing to complete a medical with a doctor.
- You must be able to swim at least 200 meters and float for 10 minutes unassisted.
- By purchasing the course online you agree to a non refundable deposit of $150 per person
- Courses are only partially refundable (less $150 non refundable deposit per person) subject to failing a recreational diving medical and supplying the failed medical to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Switching selected courses dates will incur $150 re-booking fee per person payable prior to commencement of the course
- No refunds will be given to cancellations within 14 days of start of course.
- Upon booking the course we will contact you via email for you details, please respond in a timely manner to ensure you receive your learning materials