PADI Freediver Course
Course - Go Dive Tasmania
Who should take this course?
Freediving is about inward power, discipline and control. If you’ve always wanted to enter the underwater world quietly, on your own terms, staying as long as your breath allows, then freediving is for you. Taking the PADI Freediver course is your first step toward discovering why freediving is becoming a popular way to explore beneath the waves.
To enroll in a PADI Freediver course you must be at least 15 years old. You need adequate swimming skills and need to be in good physical health. No prior experience with snorkeling, skin diving or freediving is required.
What will you learn?
The PADI Freediver course consists of three main phases:
- Knowledge development about freediving principles through independent study with the PADI Freediver Touch™
- Confined water session to learn breathhold techniques as well as static and dynamic apnea. Goal – static apnea of 90 seconds and dynamic apnea of 25 metres.
- Open water sessions to practice free immersion and constant weight freedives, plus proper buddy procedures. Goal – constant weight freedive of 10 metres.
The course consists of Online Touch theory, this is to be done prior to starting the course - It is largely a practical course, with only a small amount of time in the classroom, so it only takes two and a half days to complete! To earn your Freediver rating, you need to complete your online theory, a small classroom session, a pool session on the Friday night, a boat dive session on the Saturday and a final boat dive session on the Sunday. Dives are held out of the Tasman Peninsula, offering some absolutely spectacular scenery above and below the water. The course will have a maximum of 4 participants completing the complete course.
- PADI Freediver Touch Learning
- Accommodation at the Tasman Peninsula (shared lodge style)
- Theory session in-store
- Pool session
- 2 x Boat dives
- Refreshments between dives
What do I need?
- You will need your own freedive gear. If you do not have your own gear, gear hire is available in store]
- Wednesday night theory session 6pm - 8pm at the store
- Friday afternoon POOL session from 2pm - 6pm
- Saturday you will be placed in either a morning or afternoon session from the boat
- Sunday you will be placed in either a morning or afternoon session from the boat
- You must be at least 15 years old to complete this course within Australia.
- You will be required to complete a medical statement which may result in you needing to complete a medical with a doctor.
- You must be able to swim at least 200 meters and float for 10 minutes unassisted.
- By purchasing the course online you agree to a non refundable deposit of $150 per person
- Courses are only partially refundable (less $150 non refundable deposit per person) subject to failing a recreational diving medical and supplying the failed medical to: email@example.com
- Switching selected courses dates will incur $150 re-booking fee per person payable prior to commencement of the course
- Upon booking the course we will contact you via email for you details, please respond in a timely manner to ensure you receive your online learning
Just finished my free diving weekend and it was the best mental and physical challenge I have ever attempted . I learned to hold my breath underwater for over 3 minutes and comfortably dive past 12m deep. Not something I ever thought I would be able to do. Kaeo was a fantastic teacher and I can't wait to do a lot more free diving. I cannot recommend this course enough to anyone interested.
Excited and excellent