Who should take this course?
Much of the world’s best scuba diving is accessible only by boat. Whether you’ve never made a boat dive or you’ve logged dozens, the PADI Boat Diver Specialty course will benefit you because boats in various parts of the world do things differently. Scuba diving from a boat is fun and relatively easy because you usually descend directly onto your dive site.
What will you learn?
The PADI Boat Diver course will expand your knowledge about boats from small inflatables to large liveaboards. You’ll gain experience scuba diving by completing two dives from a boat in your local area and learn:
- Boat terminology.
- Boat diving procedures and etiquette, including how to enter and exit, and where to stow your gear.
- Boating safety, including how to locate safety equipment.
The course consists of a minimal amount of theory - the Boat Diving manual guides you through the knowledge needed to complete the two dives. It is largely a practical course, with only a small amount of time in the classroom, so it only takes one day to complete!
- PADI Boat Diving Manual
- Tanks and weights
- Accommodation at the Tasman Peninsula (shared lodge style)
- 2 x Boat dives
- Refreshments between dives
What do I need?
- You will need your own dive gear gear. If you do not have your own gear, gear hire is available in store
- A torch is highly recommended
- You will need an SMB with reel (surface marker buoy)
- All of the required gear is available in-store for hire
What about Enriched Air (Nitrox)?
- Many divers choose to complete the PADI Enriched Air Course whilst doing their PADI Boat Dive Course. Learn about how diving on enriched air can greatly benefit your diving by selecting ADD Enriched Air Course on the course selection.
- You must hold a PADI Open Water Dive qualification or equivalent.
- You will be required to complete a medical statement which may result in you needing to complete a medical with a doctor.
- You must be able to swim at least 200 meters and float for 10 minutes unassisted.
- By purchasing the course online you agree to a non refundable deposit of $150 per person
- Courses are only partially refundable (less $150 non refundable deposit per person) subject to failing a recreational diving medical and supplying the failed medical to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Switching selected courses dates will incur $150 re-booking fee per person payable prior to commencement of the course
- Upon booking the course we will contact you via email for you details, please respond in a timely manner to ensure you receive your learning materials