Who should take this course?
Scuba divers describe the PADI Rescue Diver course as the most challenging, yet most rewarding course they’ve ever taken. Why? Because you learn to prevent and manage problems in the water, and become more confident in your skills as a diver, knowing that you can help others if needed. During the course, you learn to become a better buddy by practicing problem solving skills until they become second nature. Plus, the course isn't just fun – it’s serious, but still allows for lots of laughter in between the focused learning.
What will you learn?
The PADI Rescue Diver course prepares you to deal with dive emergencies, minor and major, using a variety of techniques. Through knowledge development and rescue exercises, you learn what to look for and how to respond. During rescue scenarios, you put into practice your knowledge and skills. The course is run over two consecutive days. Topics include:
- Self rescue
- Recognizing and managing stress in other divers
- Emergency management and equipment
- Rescuing panicked divers
- Rescuing unresponsive divers
- PADI Rescue Diver Manual
- Theory Session
- Pool Session (day 1)
- Ocean Session (day 2)
- Tanks and weights
What do I need?
- You will need your own dive gear gear. If you do not have your own gear, gear hire is available in store
- You will need to hold a current First Aid Certificate (within the last 24 months). If not, why not add a First Aid course as a combo.
- You must hold a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver qualification or equivalent.
- You must be at least 15 years old to complete this course within Australia.
- You will be required to complete a medical statement which may result in you needing to complete a medical with a doctor.
- You must be able to swim at least 200 meters and float for 10 minutes unassisted.
- You must have a valid First Aid Certificate (within the last 24 months) to complete the course
- By purchasing the course online you agree to a non refundable deposit of $150 per person
- Courses are only partially refundable (less $150 non refundable deposit per person) subject to failing a recreational diving medical and supplying the failed medical to: email@example.com
- Switching selected courses dates will incur $150 re-booking fee per person payable prior to commencement of the course
- Upon booking the course we will contact you via email for you details, please respond in a timely manner to ensure you receive your online learning