PADI Sidemount Diver Course
Course - Go Dive Tasmania
Who should take this course?
Having scuba tanks on your back isn't a requirement for exploring the underwater world. Many scuba divers have discovered the joy of mounting cylinders on their sides. Sidemount diving gives you flexibility and streamlining options. Plus, you don't have to walk with heavy cylinders on your back - just enter the water, clip them on and go. Sound interesting? Sign up for the PADI Sidemount Diver Specialty course.
If you're a PADI Open Water Diver who is at least 15 years old, you can enroll in a PADI Sidemount Diver course.
What will you learn?
Along with learning about the many benefits of diving with a sidemount configuration, during one confined water and three open water scuba dives you'll learn how to:
- Properly assemble and configure sidemount scuba diving equipment.
- Trim your weight system and sidemount gear so you're perfectly balanced in the water.
- Manage gas by switching second stages as planned, if wearing two cylinders.
- Respond correctly to potential problems when sidemount diving.
This course is split into three days
DAY 1: SHORE DIVES - HOBART
DAY 2: SHORE DIVES - BICHENO
DAY 3: BOAT DIVES - TRIABUNNA
- PADI Sidemount Diver Manual
- Tanks and weights
- Shore Dives
- Boat Dives
What do I need?
- You will need your own dive gear
- A torch is recommended
- You will need an SMB with reel (surface marker buoy)
- You will need your own transport
- Please see this link for information on diving doctors in your area: Diving Doctor List
- Anyone age 45 years and over MUST complete a recreational diving medical with a doctor prior to starting their course
- You will be required to complete a medical statement which may result in you needing to complete a medical with a doctor. Click here to read the PADI RSTC Diving Medical before you book.
- You must be able to swim at least 200 meters and float for 10 minutes unassisted.
- By purchasing the course online you agree to a non refundable deposit of $150
- Courses are only partially refundable (less $150 non refundable deposit) subject to failing a recreational diving medical and supplying the failed medical to: email@example.com
- No refunds will be given to cancellations within 21 days of start of course.
- Switching selected courses dates within 21 days of start of course will incur a $245 re-booking fee
- Not attending or failing to complete the course will incur a $245 re-booking fee to try again.
- Upon booking the course we will contact you via email/phone for you details, please respond in a timely manner to ensure you receive your online learning