PADI Sidemount Diver Course
Course - Go Dive Tasmania
Who should take this course?
Having scuba tanks on your back isn't a requirement for exploring the underwater world. Many scuba divers have discovered the joy of mounting cylinders on their sides. Sidemount diving gives you flexibility and streamlining options. Plus, you don't have to walk with heavy cylinders on your back - just enter the water, clip them on and go. Sound interesting? Sign up for the PADI Sidemount Diver Specialty course.
If you're a PADI Open Water Diver who is at least 15 years old, you can enroll in a PADI Sidemount Diver course.
What will you learn?
Along with learning about the many benefits of diving with a sidemount configuration, during one confined water and three open water scuba dives you'll learn how to:
- Properly assemble and configure sidemount scuba diving equipment.
- Trim your weight system and sidemount gear so you're perfectly balanced in the water.
- Manage gas by switching second stages as planned, if wearing two cylinders.
- Respond correctly to potential problems when sidemount diving.
This course is split into three days
DAY 1: SHORE DIVES - HOBART
DAY 2: SHORE DIVES - BICHENO
DAY 3: BOAT DIVES - TRIABUNNA
- PADI Sidemount Diver Manual
- Tanks and weights
- Shore Dives
- Boat Dives
What do I need?
- You will need your own dive gear
- A torch is recommended
- You will need an SMB with reel (surface marker buoy)
- You will need your own transport
- Please see this link for information on diving doctors in your area: Diving Doctor List
You MUST read through all Booking Conditions prior to purchasing your course.
Great course. Matt was an excellent instructor and had me confidently diving on a shipwreck with my sidemount equipment and extending my dive times.