The PADI Open Water Diver Course, or Learn to Dive Course is your first step towards a lifetime of adventure and fun. This course teaches you all you need to know to get into the water and start diving in a safe and, above all, fun environment.
During the course you will learn the skills and knowledge to scuba dive to a depth of 18m and upon completion obtain a lifelong certification recognised across the entire globe.
Please be aware that the minimum age to complete a Learn to Dive course in Australia is 12 years old.
This course is split into three components over two weekends.
1. Knowledge Development
Complete all your knowledge development at home with either PADI’s online eLearning or a DVD and manual CrewPak. If you elect eLearning there is only a quick review in the classroom, however if you elect the CrewPak option there will be a full afternoon of theory as well as the home study.
2. Pool Dives
Take your first breaths underwater, and learn the basic skills you need to be a confident scuba diver in a safe and comfortable environment. Conducted at one of the pools in the Hobart area.
3. Ocean Dives
Your four ocean dives take place on Tasmania’s beautiful east coast which is world renowned for its temperate water diving. Stay at our comfortable accommodation for the weekend while you apply the skills you learnt in the pool to real ocean scuba diving. Explore the wonders of the sea at some of Tasmania’s best dive sites.
- Online PADI E-Learning Pass
- Gear hire
- Pool Session
- Accommodation at the Tasman Peninsula (shared lodge style)
- 2 x Shore dives
- 2 x Boat dives
- Refreshments between dives
Mates Rates Open Water Package:
- You and 3 of your mates learning to dive together. Bundle it up and SAVE
- Select the MATES package when purchasing your open water course and SAVE $180
- Dates are to be selected in-store once you have purchased your package. If you have any questions, or want to check availability please call us on (03) 6231 9749
- You must be at least 12 years old to complete this experience within Australia.
- You will be required to complete a medical statement which may result in you needing to complete a medical with a doctor. Should you fail the medical, simply supply the document signed by the physician to obtain a refund.
- You must be able to swim at least 200 meters and float for 10 minutes unassisted.
- By purchasing the course online you agree to a non refundable deposit of $150
- Courses are only partially refundable ($445 - less deposit) subject to failing a recreational diving medical and supplying the failed medical to: email@example.com
- Upon booking the course we will contact you via email for you details, please respond in a timely manner to ensure you receive your online learning
- If choosing the ADD Advanced Course option, the dates for this course need to be selected once completing your Open Water Course. For a list of dates see - ADVANCED COURSE DATES.